Firewatch Contracting, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO) Small Business, is in search of a Project Manager for its US Federal Government business. This position is responsible for successful project execution, financial, scheduling and technical management in accordance with contract requirements, project plans and organizational objectives. Execution of work will include proposal preparation, cost estimating, schedule development and forecasting, project planning, design, field execution and project closeout.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish project objectives, plans and performance standards according to the job specifications and project requirements
- Develop the project schedule within the constraints of the project budget, while meeting contractual deadlines and requirements
- Act as primary point of contact with clients (primary Veterans Affairs, NAVFAC, NASA) and provide direction and planning on all communications as necessary to meet project objectives
- Prepare proposals and negotiate revisions if applicable, changes and additions to proposal agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Identify, plan, organize, and assist in the staffing of project positions.
- Conduct weekly meetings with company staff and client reps
- Ensure project is completed on schedule, within budget, and within established quality standards
- Manage financial aspects of projects profitably while protecting the company's interest and maintaining good relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors. Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports as required
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures
- Requisition vendors, supplies, materials, or equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel will be required to job sites
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management/Engineering/Science preferred
- 8 or more years of relevant and progressive experience in the construction industry
- Relevant experience with department of veteran affairs and/or NAVFAC required
- Experience working in occupied Healthcare facilities is preferred
- Active US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively develop a cohesive team working together to achieve project goals
- Ability to professionally represent the company, verbally, in writing, and in person, to clients, associates and all others and to expand relationships and grow the business
- Thorough knowledge of construction or other related technology, scheduling, procedures, project contracts, plan and specification reading, financial planning and tracking and equipment are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
Levels of Supervision
- Works under the Director of Contracting. May supervise other project team members.
- Performs assignments with minimal supervision; works independently
Preference will be given to Veterans of the US Armed Forces